Monday, October 9, 2017

2 Npehi 2:25

August 14, 2017

Hello, everyone!  It was an interesting week to be sure.

On Monday night we had dinner with an awesome cute little family we had met a few weeks ago.  It was delicious soup and they are so cool!  They have a family member who is a member of the church and had cool questions about what we believe.  It was one of the only times on my mission that the dinner conversation was on topic!  Haha.

On Wednesday we met with President Cooper.  We talked about my health and my going home date.  Long story short, I am coming home October 3 and I was able to get a doctor's appointment for the next day.  After we got back we helped a member of the Valrico ward's grandmother who just lost her husband get a bunch of heavy trash bags from the garage to the curb to be picked up.  She is so sweet!  We taught Brother Lambru and he is overwhelmed with all of the things he is learning.  We are trying to help him focus on the most important things.  He went into the hospital yesterday morning.  We think it has something to do with his blood sugar.  He blames not drinking coffee.  Please keep him in your prayers!

We met some cool people on Thursday and had breakfast coordination at Brother Young's house on Friday.  Not much else notable happened.

On Saturday Ray politely told us he really wasn't interested in learning more and gave us back his Book of Mormon.  Afterwards, two teenage boys had told us to knock on a specific house so we went.  The person who answered turned us away, but we had an awesome conversation with a man across the street!  He has a relative who recently became a member of the church and has seen the happiness it has brought her.  He said his family has been looking for a church and he would definitely look into the information we gave him.

Yesterday we taught Relief Society and went to a wedding!  A less active man got married to a sweet girl who is not a member.  A lot of their family and friends were there which was awesome.  It was a beautiful ceremony.  The groom's mother had invited us to the reception, but they didn't know the address so they told us to follow them.  Something came up so they had already left by the time we were leaving, so we texted the dad for the address to see if there was any chance of still going.  Before we hardly knew what was happening, the groom had driven back to the church to meet us so we could follow him.  What?!  We felt bad but I guess he didn't mind.  It wasn't far.  It was a nice dinner and we got to talk to some people there.

Last night we were walking in a neighborhood and decided to go past Toni's house.  (We met her awhile ago and she wants to meet with us but it hasn't worked out.)  Well, it turns out she was outside!  She had missed our appointment on Tuesday because she broke her foot.  She hobbled along talking to us and asked us about church and why our church was different.  We were able to set up another appointment and are really excited to meet with her!  She seems really interested in learning more and coming to church.

There are miracles all around and I am so grateful to be able to witness so many of them!  Heavenly Father is aware of us and loves us.  Everything is part of His great plan for our happiness.  I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment