Monday, October 9, 2017

Where is all the green?

October 8, 2017

Hello, everyone!  This is my last group email, though I will still send updates to my missionary friends :)  I just wanted to update you all on the last week of my mission and let you know I got home alive :)  So the last week of my mission was probably the craziest.  Of my life.  Here goes:

Monday night was great; we had a really good lesson with Keke and she showed us some of her cool gymnastics moves.  After that, Sister Barkdull felt we should stop by a less active member she had never met who has a daughter who is not baptized.  They were home!  We got to know them, shared a video, and set another time to come back.  They are awesome and Jordan seems to want to learn.

On Tuesday we had my last district meeting and then got in a car accident on the way back.  Everyone was completely fine, but it was scary.  We got a ride home from a member but left the house keys in the car so had to get a ride with another member back to the car.  Then we went to institute with Kaci.  So small back story...I had been having some abdominal pain for a few weeks.  During institute it got worse and we had to step out.  I ended up getting a priesthood blessing from some elders who were there and then after saying a prayer we decided to go to the emergency room.  I had never been in the emergency room before!  It was interesting.  They were able to figure out what was going on and kept me in the hospital for a couple days.  They let me out on Thursday evening and I just need to rest and watch what I eat now until I recover.  But on Saturday I was still sick so that night I went to stay with some sisters who work online, Sister Jensen who was my companion before and Hermana Whitlock who flew to Florida with me.  We got to watch General Conference at the Coopers the next day!  It was amazing and Sister Cooper took good care of me.  Then on Monday, it was my last day in Florida!  All the missionaries who were going home had a meeting with President and Sister Cooper in the afternoon and then had an opportunity to share our testimonies after dinner.  It was sad to say goodbye.  I love so many people there.

On Tuesday morning we woke up early, got ready, and headed to the airport!  We sang hymns the entire car ride there.  It was so weird to leave.  But I'm here with my family, and honestly not much has changed!  But I have, and I am trying my best to apply the things that I learned on my mission and not slump back into my old self.  So far nothing much exciting has happened.  We had a nice dinner (which I couldn't eat) with my family and grandparents the night I got home and then I got released from my calling.  It was not nearly as scary as I thought.  I miss Florida, though!  The world is not so green over here.  But I know I am where I am supposed to be.

1. last district meeting!
2. emergency room!
3. saying goodbye to my companions 😢
4. Conference at the Coopers!
5. Me with some of my old companions!
6. the group of missionaries going home
7. saying goodbye to the Coopers.  I love them!
8. driving to the airport!
9. at the airport
10. I'm home!
11. Got to see this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment