Sunday, February 26, 2017

Halfway to ... Hudson?!

Jan. 30, 2017

Hello, all! Today was a crazy week.

So we went to transfers and the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast on Wednesday. Before it starts, we hear that we are not staying in Odessa, but moving to Hudson! Sister Hunt apparently knew this all along, but it was news to Sister Swanson and I. There will no longer be missionaries in Odessa, but the Land O Lakes sisters will take it over as needed. President told us we would probably stay in Odessa another week, and most recently he said he hopes to have us moved by Sunday. That might not happen because we don't have an apartment yet. We will have to see! Anyway, we are pretty excited because there will be a lot for us to do there. There are already 2 sets of elders there, so that will be interesting. At the broadcast itself, there were some changes made to our schedule and some other things and it was a huge blessing because our mission had already been doing some of the changes. It made it an easier adjustment. It is still pretty weird, though. What a crazy week full of changes!

N came to the Pinewood Derby on Friday, but that was pretty much the only contact we had with her. Her family isn't sick anymore, so hopefully we will be able to teach her again this week.

Yesterday Sister Swanson gave an amazing talk in church and we all taught part of a lesson on the Two Great Commandments (Matthew 22:36-40). After church, we got to go to the mission home for interviews with President and to talk a little more about going to Hudson. That was the first time I've been able to go there since my first day here. Speaking of which, I hit my 9 month mark on Friday! I am halfway through my mission. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Alright, well, if there is anything y'all want to send me, it would be best to send it to the mission office for now since nobody knows when we are moving. I hope you all have a great week!
____________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment