Sunday, February 19, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21, 2016

Hello, all!  It was a great week.  B had her baptismal interview
on Thursday and she did so great!  She was really shy, but she knows
her stuff and Elder Leja who interviewed her said she has a really
strong testimony.  It has been so fun teaching her.  The next day they
left for Mississippi.  She will be baptized on Saturday!

On Friday night we had dinner with the Ms and we had delicious
Cuban food - chicken and rice and fried plantains!  Last night we had
dinner with the Qs who are moving to Clearwater soon, and had
Venezuelan chicken empanadas.  There is so much wonderful diversity
here!

We are currently at the church cooking a turkey for the zone activity!
 We will be having a Thanksgiving dinner and watching Ephraim's
Rescue.  I am playing the piano for a musical number "O Come, O Come
Emmanuel" at the zone training meeting we will have tonight after
dinner.  What an exciting day!  And we get to wear jeans 

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I am so
grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for God's plan of salvation,
for my family, for the temple, for food, for the beautiful world we
live in, for the resources that we have, for the experiences that I
have been given, for the Spirit to guide me, for music, for all the
wonderful people God has put in my life, and for so much more.  I am
also grateful for this holiday season that helps us remember Heavenly
Father and Jesus Christ and the enormous blessings they have given us.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPad
__________________________________________________
Oh, and I forgot something!  Yesterday, one of our investigators
George came to church for the first time, but we didn't see him until
after sacrament meeting...but he was talking to Brother J, who
we had previously thought would be a great friend for him!  What a
miracle!  Also, B and N, R's friends, came.  It was
N's first time!
 
___________________________________________________ 
 
1. This is B at her interview!  We were on an exchange, so I was with Sister Cook.  Isn't she adorable? 

2 and 3: TURKEY!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment