Monday, February 20, 2017

Transfers...and almost Christmas!

December 12, 2016

Hello, all! So first off, transfers are happening this week, and we found out this morning that Sister Minson is transferring to the Young Single Adult Ward and I am staying and receiving 2 companions, Sister Swanson and Sister Jensen. I went on an exchange with them when I was in Lithia and they were in YSA, so I know them a little bit 😊

This week has been awesome! I had an exchange with Sister Huber on Tuesday and we got to go do service at an assisted living facility for a little bit and then at a boutique that a woman in my congregation owns that is in the Land O Lakes area. We then went to a concert that an 8 year old girl they are teaching had a solo in, which was so cute! And finally we went to their relief society Christmas party with a White Elephant gift exchange. I got a little photo album that I don't really like. Originally I had some cute blue leg warmers that got stolen from me...oh, well. Who needs leg warmers in Florida? We finished the exchange with yoga in the morning 😊

On Thursday night, we went to B's school concert that she was in and sat with her family. She was in a rock band. Have any of you ever heard of an elementary school rock band?! They were playing Metallica and some other crazy stuff. Anyway, we got to meet her dad, so that was good.

On Friday night we were able to set up an appointment with someone that we have been trying to get in contact with for a while, so I will let you all know how that goes! Then we had a Relief Society Christmas party (for our own ward) which was delicious soup and Christmas ornament-making. N, Sister C's friend, came! She loved it and got along really well with all the other women. She was happy to see us and told us she has been doing #LIGHTtheWORLD and it brightens her day every day 😊 Later, Sister C told us that she invited N to church and she said she would love to come! She didn't come yesterday, but we think she will soon!

Yesterday we taught the Bs, a family in our ward. As we were leaving, they told us they were going to a service project later, so we asked if we could come. It was wrapping socks to give to the homeless! We got to talk to a nice woman there and invite her to Night in Bethlehem. We also stopped by a referral and he was really excited to come to Night in Bethlehem. His friend who was with him was really excited, too. He said he would bring his wife. We ended the night with sharing a spiritual thought at a youth meeting at the Bishop's house. There was hot chocolate and delicious cinnamon rolls. I love this ward! They are so awesome.

Anyway, that's pretty much been our week. I think it was a pretty good last week here for Sister Minson. The ward will miss her! (and so will I)

I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas season!

Sent from my iPad
_________________________________________________________________

Shaved Ice and Christmas ornaments

The first 2 pictures are at Bahama Bucks on the exchange.  It is a shaved ice place owned by a member of my ward. The last picture is the ornament I made at the Relief Society party.  Isn't it cute? 😊
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment