Sunday, July 9, 2017

Conference Week!

April 3, 2017

Hello, all! This was an interesting week.

We had exchanges on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday, we had zone conference and I got to go to the youth activities for Odessa and Land O Lakes. I got to see R and Bishop and Sister C, but even better...I got to see N! She seems to be doing really well and was excited to see me. She was planning to watch the Sunday morning session of General Conference with the Cs.

The new Easter video came out this week! It is so good! It is called the Prince of Peace. We are so excited to share it with people. It really shows how we can find peace through Jesus Christ. Who wouldn't want that?! I hope you all can watch it. It brings the Spirit so powerfully every time I see it.

On Friday, we taught M and it was only her this time. It went really well! She was cheerful and willing to participate. We showed her the old Easter video because we didn't have the new one yet, and invited her to share the new one with a friend. She said she had a friend from school already in mind. She is awesome!

Finally, on Saturday and Sunday, it was conference! It was amazing. I love hearing from the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of the church who are so inspired by God to know exactly what we need to hear. My favorite talk was Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's. He talked about my favorite hymn, There is Sunshine in My Soul Today, and what we can do when we don't feel that sunshine. I really needed it. Anyway, we watched conference at the church on Saturday and again on Sunday morning because we had a couple families tentatively planned to watch it with who fell through. But on Saturday afternoon, we went to the Ks' and it was super fun! We had lasagna and cheesecake afterwards.

Well, that's about it. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment