Sunday, July 9, 2017

Another week in the hot sun

May 15, 2017

Hello, all! What a crazy week. Here is what happened:

We had a lesson with R and his family on Wednesday and it went well. There was a even a less active young man there who helped us translate. We invited them to be baptized and they said yes. But when we tried to pick a date, R says, "We have a big problem." He goes on to tell us that they are moving back to Wisconsin in 2 weeks! So sad. But the whole family came to the multicultural event on Friday night and it was super fun! R is the coolest DJ ever. He went around and took pictures of everyone and put them straight on the projector screen. There were lots of tables with food and artifacts from China, Thailand, Puerto Rico, Honduras, El Salvador, Denmark, Germany, and more! I love the diversity here. Us missionaries did some fun acts. The last act was our presentation on Fiji that Sister Lesuma came up with. The elders were the first missionaries in Fiji who found her uncle's wife's mother, played by me. We made props and everything. It was great, even though I totally missed the elders with the water I was supposed to throw at them...

Yesterday we met a girl who was visiting family in the ward who just got off her mission less than 3 weeks ago. She really wants to come teach with us. She is so cool! I wonder if I'll be that cool when I get home 🤔

Then last night we got to skype our families! It was so fun. It was so weird because it felt so natural, but so crazy at the same time. I can't believe it's the last call I have before I come home.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week!
______________________________________________________________
Pics from Zone Activity, Multicultural Event, Mother's Day
1. Zone Activity
2. Cutest kids! (R's)
3. Us with our ward mission leader, Brother Y
4. Happy Mother's Day!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment